Dec 17, 2012

Paradoks

Paradoks is personal for me as the author is my Taurean twin, May, i call her Meiba.
I firstly met her as we stayed under one roof in Bandung, a junior University student. 
Still skinny, lol. We close into each other ever since.

One day *i don't exactly remember when* she let me read "Paradoks" and i fell instantly.  
Paradoks is a fairy tale that every teenage girl is dying for
"Awefully handsome, architect, gentleman, loveable, rich Karis. Nothing less"
Who wouldn't love him if he does exist?

This novel felt sooo right that time, i was a deadly romantic person and i was also in a relationship with my own 'Karis'.
As a teenager, i sometimes doubted myself to be with him as i didn't have enough confident, not so sure whether i deserve him or what.

After my first reading Paradoks i had those post-novel-syndrome, to be with your Prince Charming, whoever he is, no matter how perfect he is. 
I felt that i found my strength, my hope, my faith with Paradoks.
I told May that she has to publish it one day. I was amazed with the written-skill that she had in her young age *yet she keeps growing on writing until now, blog or novel*


7years after (NOW), she finally publishes "Paradoks" in a book after an e-book version.





Hey Paradoks, a dream come true :)








I re-read the novel again and again. And still amaze that what May-called-cheesy-novel Paradoks still successfully put smile on my face, a lot of almost-choke, shake head, drop jaw moments. 
I still have those post-novel-sydrome, even maybe not as stronger as i was haha.. *honestly, i ain't really sure*
I'm still considering myself as a deadly romantic person.
I also realize that reading it several times in different age also give a different learning after. 
"Awefully handsome, architect, gentleman, loveable, rich Karis. Nothing less"
My gosh, that kind of man doesn't exist *slap myself* 

Believe that kind of Karis might be exist, who knows? *oh geez*
And yeah.. Paradoks has waken my hidden teenager-side to debate on my adult -already face reality- side :p. 

Paradoks is a pure yet innocent story representing of how teenage girls in University time feel, act, re-act, think, speak, hope and dream. 
The conflict served in Paradoks is most-happened among teenagers.
"Right in the middle of a sucky boring life, true love gives you a fairy tale"
Karis is just like Getssa. Well,at least from Raisa's perspective.
It takes no time, no reason, nothing for Raisa to hate Karis. As well as an excuse to deny her true feeling and keep it from her best friend, Selphi, who also has feeling to Karis.

Karis existence between their friendship makes it complicated all along.
With additional triangle love drama when Raisa meets Yksel who is head over heels into her.
Karis efforts to lessen Raisa's hate, has got him to know her unique. 

She isn't ordinary.
(and the story goes...get more here)

The beginning of Paradoks story is quite common and everyday story. 
It's a little too sweet for me now, too sweet until i feel like having diabetes haha..
But the ending part thoughtfully plays reader feeling, out of prediction thus makes Paradoks has its special. 
The description of place is well-written and deliver the proper image in reader mind.
Personally i fave part where Raisa listed her future boyfriend as someone with silly rainbow wig and different colour eyes, plays guitar, masters five languages, speaks like Spongebob.
I can't stop imagining Karis on that.  

Last but not least, for me "Paradoks" is worth to buy, worth to complete your love collection. Worth the smiles, happiness, hopes and faiths after reading it for only 5.8$.
Enjoy!

I'm sooooo proud to have Paradoks
I'm sooooo proud of u, May

2 comments:

  1. Awwww!!!
    This review revives my own personal point of view from my college days too. You make me remember why I wrote Paradoks at the first place.
    Paradoks is special to me too. This novel is a total stranger from my current boyfriend now so reading this is like reminiscing good old times =)
    Thank you ulba for the sweet review (that almost gave me diabetes too) it's an honor for me to know people love my writing. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my pleasure to read paradoks in a first place then have a chance to review it, keep writing. u know u'll always have my support :D

      Delete