Nov 17, 2012

Mr. and Mrs. Dean

"Our love is like the wind... I can't see it, but I sure can feel it", Landon Carter- a walk to remember
I'm not in love literally to someone *and this is not my stories*
But I'm in love to minutes i reminisce how good people can be together, as a married  couple. 


I never expected that I'd ever met a couple like them, in Singapore, where majority I met were more individual-unloving married couple (or family). 
Well, mind my own perspective.
My works as an architect (that time I was working there) got me long list of client-meeting.
I used to get unappropriate yet rude manner from most of clients, mostly Singaporean.

I first met them as one of my client, and i did prepare myself for another cold staring eyes, some usual cold welcome.
When I walked out the lift, the door of the house was already opened then I stepped closer and heard calming voice 

"Hi, please come in.." with her sincere smile.
She continued "So..u are Yana?", shook my hand
"Please urself miss, just sit down anywhere u want.. What do u want for drinks?". 
I was amazed with a very well welcome I've ever had. I was amazed in silent.
Wait, maybe it's just the start. Be prepared for reality, remind me to myself.

We started the meeting after. They listened carefully to my presentation, asked an advice for their house, had a big tolerance to my poor english.
They were TOTALLY polite.
There was a moment when the husband tried explaining his imagination to me, 

"U mean the cabinet is this big?"
He thus widen his hands then his palm hit his wife forehead who was sitting right behind him.

*I couldn't hold my grin at those moment*
The husband then quickly said sorry then suddenly-literally KISS her forehead for like 2 seconds. In front of me.
The wife then stared blushly to her husband and smiled. Who wouldn't?
They were so SWEET. 

Then the meeting still strolled til a little girl with pony-tail arrived, just got back from primary school I guess.
"Hallo dear, how's ur day? Have u eat ur lunch?", the wife kissed those girl cheeks and waited for her reply. "I'm tired mommy...I eat already", her face was sad. The wife tried to cheer her up by hugging and shaking the body. The little girl smiled. "Go change ur clothes dear... u have piano course at 4, remember?"
I suddenly felt happy to capture that moment. 

Comfortable to be there out of my expectation, found myself relax and enjoyed the meeting.
I started admiring to this married couple that day.
U can feel the feel. The warmness and chemistry between them. Those eyes stare and blushy smile tells the truth, even for strangers

The next few months as the project was running, I met them few times a week and got closer to
 
Mr. Mezz Dean and Mrs. Renee Dean.
They were in their 40's but they looked much younger than their age. 

Mrs. Dean often said "Happy, exercise and healthy food keeps us young"
They met as colleagues in insurance company when they were 28th, and got married two years later.
Mr. Dean is half Malaysian, half Singaporean, tall and fit posture, quite handsome, funny
Mrs. Dean is real Singaporean (the nicest,ever), tiny and slim posture, pretty and forever young face, stylish, own a super positive aura, like to laugh loudly

The next, next, next, next, next meeting...

They never changed, the same way I look at them on my first.
I always bring back some good energy after meeting them. 

I always bring back smile.
They are my most adorable couple I've ever met in my life. 

They're, still, in love, after more than 10years marriage. 
They still express "love", that mostly gone or forgotten
Still holding hands while walking
Still talking like best friend

Still cheek-kissing
Still respecting each other
Still dating in a car
Still doing unusual things on married couple, such as husband opens car door or carries heavy stuff, offer others tissue, shade others on hot-sunny day with umbrella, keep their old memorable things, wear couple polo shirt, say "u're so handsome" or "all the best honey"

They care and support each other as best-friend, discuss nicely-appreciate each other opinion-build a good communication as a partner, solid rock as parents, warm and happy as a family, live in love as lifetime spouses.
They might not be as perfect as I might see as outsiders. 

But I still admire them, til today

The very last time I met them, I was sad.

I was decided to resign from the company so we wouldn't meet anymore.
My eyes were teary telling Mrs. Dean that I'm going to leave Singapore.
She put her hands on my shoulder, stared into my eyes and said 

"U're a good person, Yana. Glad to have met u as my architect and I thank you for everything. Anything that u might have in ur future, all the very best. Keep in touch, don't take me as ur client but as ur friend. Take care dear..."
She said the warmest good bye, thank you and good luck.
I didn't design ordinary people house, but my fave family home.

"Home is not a place, it is a people", Lois McMaster
And I still define times when I met them as one of the moment I truly thankful to happen in my life.
A truly inspiring couple. A fairytale kind of family, does exist.

And I will be one, one day :D

No comments:

Post a Comment